Hello everyone! As promised (although a bit late)…here are the latest stuff I’ve been up to. Also, yes, I do plan to write those posts I mentioned while I am on vacation, for real this time!
1. I just got hired as a Software Engineer at a big software company. A little googling and you should know which one I’m taking about. No, not Google, Microsoft, or Facebook.
2. I also founded a non-profit with my best friend that focuses on empowering minority women, American(a) Neweva.
If you want to help out, let me know! We need all the help we can get.
3. I’m now volunteering as an editor/news blogger ninja at STEMinist, an upcoming site that focuses on women in science, tech, engineering, and math.
4. I applied to an ivy MBA program. Decisions should be coming mid-May. I have a .00001% chance of getting in, but I don’t care… I don’t believe in failure anyways. And I should probably not announce it to the world here, but..again, I believe in trying versus doing nothing. And plus, I have a plan B. If I don’t get in, I’ll be getting a Master’s in Project Management at Midwestern university. And if all else fails, this is my motto to make myself feel better, “You’re only 20. You’re allowed to mess up,” coupled with my favorite author Jen Dziura’s personal tweet to me, “Failure in your 20′s prevents life long cowardice.” Amen!
5. I’m on vacation for real this time. Until April 17th!